During XP Setup, it asks for your name and organization. However, one or both of these may change, so here is how to change them:
Note: As always, you should backup the Registry (tutorial
) first before editing.
1. Click on the Start Button and click Run
2. Type regedit and click OK
3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Expand Microsoft
5. Expand Windows NT
and click on Current Version
6. Right-click on RegisteredOwner
and click Modify. Then, type the desired name and click OK.
7. Right-click on RegisteredOrganization and click Modify, and type the organization, if desired. Click OK when you are finished.
8. Close the Registry